Sunday, September 26, 2010

A zen escape, in the desert


Back from another blogging hiatus, and more apologies.  I've been horrible about documenting events with pictures, which is the main reason why I've stayed away. But I've decided to try and use my blog as a creative outlet again, as something to look forward to, to both inspire (hopefully) and become inspired by those in the blogosphere in return.

As many of you may know, my parents help me a great deal with my son, Calvin (my mother especially.)  We had treated her to a spa treatment to this place last year, and she loved it so much, that she's been a devout patron of the skin care line they used on her, it's called Skin Authority, and she wanted to go in for another facial before she and my dad left for the Philippines in October.  She's been trying to get me to try it out, but I've resisted since I'm trying to re-stock on the Aveda skin care line (I'm a sucker for good marketing, packaging, and that oh-so good Aveda scent.)

I booked the treatment, and told her I'd pay for it. :)  A teeny gesture of gratitude, for the endless amount of time she's put in, helping me raise my son at this point.


The Sanctuary Resort and Spa at Camelback Mountain
5700 E.McDonald Drive
Paradise Valley, AZ. 85253
480-948-2100

Entrance to the spa

Peek-a-boo view of the courtyard, via the spa lobby.


Outer courtyard, where I tried to contain Cal.

Here he is, carefully plotting his escape (holding a bag of chocolate Teddy Graham crackers).

The culprit in action.


Since this resort is nestled into Camelback Mountain, the property is terraced - endless amounts of stairs!
Not ideal for strollers by the way. Beautifully landscaped nonetheless.


View from the courtyard, I felt transported......can I just imagine that I'm in Thailand, or Borneo? This doesn't feel like Arizona at all.


The end.

All pics were taken with my Droid phone, it's the T-Mobile Cliq XT. I was surprised how well the pictures turned out, the only drag is the delay in shutter time.  It really prevents me from getting good pics of Cal. I also wish I could have gotten better pics of the property, but dragging a little toddler around  was not conducive to photo-ops. The hubs is back on Halloween, for good! So I shall make plans to  visit the Sanctuary for an appointment of my own.........*sigh. 

4 comments:

Nani said...

I hope you had a good time! Cal is super cute haha mischievous just like Sae. I am so glad your blogging again missed your posts!

lucysbeau said...

looks awesome. and really relaxing. think I need to go there soon!

M.'s Ramblings said...

David - let's go, together! Then have cocktails/dinner at their restaurant, Elements!!!!!!!! YES!

Teresa said...

Calvin is so big!! He looks very cute in these pictures!! :)