Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 2. 30 Day Challenge "Where you'd like to be in 10 years"


Day 2 - Where I'd like to be in 10 years.

In a nutshell:
  • Have cars/credit cards all paid off.  Only acceptable debt would be a mortgage.
  • Have completed my master's degree. And possibly a more advanced degree afterwards....
  • Be in a positive direction with my career, hopefully in a director/management role in educational administration, OR within a non-profit organization.
  • Travelling! I would really like a family vacation to Asia - namely the Philippines & Japan.  It would be important for us to show Calvin our roots.
  • A commitment ceremony - we didn't really have wedding. (As you can tell from Day 1's post) - but an intimate ceremony to re-affirm our vows, in front of family, would be nice.
  • a 2nd baby (?!?!)
10 years is a long time out, I would be 43 years old.  The chances of us having grown our family is probably a good one, but we need to get on more solid financial footing before baby #2 happens.  Tom is still finishing up his bachelor's degree, and since he's been out of the Army for a year, he is still getting acclimated to civilian life, and how to craft his career goals from the ground up.

We both need to lay the groundwork for career growth right now, more income making potential.  I would like to keep our life simple - and make life more about our time together, crafting experiences (hence the travel), and less about acquiring clutter that most people strive to get rid of.  I need a daily reminder of this - because we would all like to make more money, but I'm beginning to realize that with the added income, we just end up buying more crap.  I would like to enrich my family's life with awesome experiences.  I guess keeping up with that goal, throughout the years, is the biggest challenge.

No comments: